Aligned instruction comprises the following activities: Teaching topics that are aligned with the standards, Ensuring the right level of challenge, Focusing teaching based on the learning needs of each student, Implementing instructional strategies to increase student achievement.
Instructional Strategies Documents
Instructional Resources for ELL Teachers
- Office or English Language Acquisition (OELA)
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition (NCELA)
- Center on Instruction (COI)
- West Ed: Quality Teaching for English Language Instructors
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL)
- World Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA)
- WIDA's Can Do Descriptors
- WIDA's ACCESS for ELLs
- Data Informed Instructional and Intervention Practices
- Data Informed Instructional and Intervention Practices –Student Data Supplement
- Interventions Resources You can find the websites previously posted on this page.
Use the search below to locate instructional videos based on keyword, subject and grade level or course, and instructional strategies.
You can also use the Advanced Search button to locate a video based on the Standards and Eligible Content addressed in the video. Once you select a subject and grade level or course, click the Advanced Search button to select the Standards and/or Eligible Content you would like to use to search for related videos.